1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Zaku Vs Gaara

Discussion in 'Naruto Battledome' started by MartialHorror, Aug 15, 2005.

Would Zaku's strongest attack work?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  2. No

51 vote(s)
    91.1%
  3. They'd knock eachother out.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MartialHorror

Preliminaries.

Now, before people start saying: "OMG! Gaara would so kill Zaku!!!!!" listen.

This is Zaku at full power, using his air valves at full force. Like he did with Sasuke.

WOuld it be enough to get through his sand defense or not

Tags:
  2. EPSimpson

I'm not to sure. If it somehow manages to get through Gaara's first defense, he still has his skin to protect him.

3. MartialHorror

Maybe the sound would still do the damage though.

4. Chas3265

I doubt it. I still think Gaara would dominate. Maybe I am a little biased though.

5. Styles

I don't think so man. To me his attacks looked more like air pressure, is the Sand can gaurd faster then he can attack there's no way that Zaku can win.

6. MartialHorror

Sand is a physical element. Sound is not. Wind is the same way.

Also, Gaara toys around with his enemies. He wouldnt start getting serious unless he thought the enemy to be a threat.

Which comes in the point of his thread. Can Zaku's attack get through Gaaras sand.

7. azn_sephiroth

I still think gaara takes this.

Gaaras too cunning for zaku haha.

8. Summoner

okay, let's think.

Zaku:Wind Blast!
    Gaara:*protected by sand* Sabaku Kyuu! Desert Avalanch!

9. azn_sephiroth

10. kapsi

What about the mummy guy?
    *Gaara throws up*
    *now he's pissed*

11. Devilguy

If I remember correctly, wasn't Zaku's attack C-ranked? That itself answers the thread's question. No jutsu of that level, especially if used by a ninja of that level would have a single chance of getting through Gaara's defense.

12. Screw

Gaara killed Dosu. He would eat Zaku for breakfast.

13. tri-sapphire

Even if Zaku's attack could get through Gaara's sand barrier, Gaara's sand armor is another story. Gaara's sand armor stood up to Lee's 5 gate assault, including the high speed Ura renge. Sure, he didn't hit the ground, but he did get knocked around the stadium before hand and got hit with the actual attack, yet still stood up nearly uninjured.

14. lekki

Zaku would get dominated. He couldn't harm Chouji remember and his wind has nothing to do with sound as an attack, it's just the wind blasts.
    He could probably stop some of the weaker attacks Gaara has but if Gaara threw it all at once, Zaku would die.

And the wind goes in a straight line so dodging is rather easy if Gaara does feel the need to avoid anything.

15. Cthulhu-versailles

Zaku uses wind... Gaara shield is solid sand..............

Zaku is slow and doesn't seem to move in his fights...........

Zaku doesn't know the meaning of strategies

nothing else needs to be said

16. azn_sephiroth

C ranked? I thought it was a pathetic d ranked...

17. Devilguy

You're probably right. Too low to harm Gaara anyway.

18. Hatsune Miku

Gaara is strong. He bested Rock lee. What makes you think Zaku can defeat him? Gaara for me.

19. ajay29

The original question being "would it get through Gaara's defence?"..
    I'd say it would certainly knock him down like it did to Shino, but it wouldnt do him any noticable harm.
    But, yeah Gaara would freakin' whup his ass, but Zaku would claim the first hit.

20. MartialHorror

D class? Well, it still can do this:

Pretty damn good D class. Better than C class Katons for sure. Probably the best long range in the entire pretimeskip

21. rarr

That attack took time to build up, precious time that any good opponent would take advantage of...and avoid the attack. Power-wise, sure, it's very, very strong, but I don't think it would pierce Gaara's sand. Dosu was the one best suited for taking on Gaara - he would have had a chance if they had ended up fighting in the tournament.

22. Devilguy

I've just checked. The normal version is d ranked whereas the ultimate one is c ranked, just like Temari's kamaitachi and Sasuke's katons. I don't share your opinion about katons and have seen a lot of far more powerful long range jutsus in part 1 (Temari's summon, elemental ninjutsus used during the Oro/Sandaime battle, Kakashi's and Zabuza's water jutsus...) Although the stats are total bullshit IMO, the jutsus descriptions seem OK. No real contradictions possible with them.

23. MartialHorror

Good point with Oro and Sandaime....................but that is Oro and Sandaime. Kakashi/Zabuza/Kisame's water jutsus are all strong but not really destructibe.

And that attack does much more than Sasukes katons and Temari's fan. Sasuke's katons are actually underrated. They never work because most likely if it hit they would die. But Zaku's normal one was able to put out a Cursed Seal powered katon.

You see a huge creator where Zaku blasted and Dosu looked like he was about to be blown away.

Katon's thing is that it is meant for damaging the person themselves. Zaku's attack destroys everything in its path.

It takes a bit to charge, but Gaara toys around. He'd let Zaku have the first attack like he does with everyone else he fights.

24. GTOnizukadude

The Ultimate Zankuuha<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Gaara's Defence. Especially his ultimate defense, but I'm assuming that we're just talking about :gaaraball.

I'm curious though. Could Gaara use his sand to plug up Zaku's arm holes without him noticing?

Either way, Zaku got :pwned.

25. MartialHorror

1) There is no proof Gaara even has his ultimate defense at this point. All he showed was the sand armor.

2) Shino got the bugs into Zaku when Zaku tried to punch him. I am saying an all out blast. and Shino>Gaara in smarts. Gaara just likes to crush his enemy.

26. GTOnizukadude

1) Either way, he doesn't get through.
    2) I was just curious. All Gaara has to do is crush Zaku with the sand.

The fight would go about the same as the one between Gaara and the guy from Rain village.

27. MartialHorror

two WAY different attacks.

Needles are meant for getting into human skin.

And as I said, Zaku's blast vaporizes everything in its path. Just look at it. One of Gaara's weaknesses is something that can break through the sand.

That would not only break through, but blow it away

28. Insipidipity

I thought you might have a point about air not being noticed by the sand, but it has force behind it, A LOT. Both Temari's wind and Zaku's air would be noticed. On the other hand, Dosu's sound probably wouldn't because theres nothing being pushed, just the air waves spreading energy as a wave which he naturally hears anyways(Otherwise he'd be deaf).

29. Cthulhu-versailles

As powerful as the attacked looked, sand is the perfect guard against powerful current oreinted wind blast.

As you said the blast destroys everything, that's it flaw and why zaku dies. If the blast was constricted and didn't spread out so much it would likely be able to pierce throw gaara's two defense.. otherwise I believe it can maybe crack the armor not break it- AT BEST

sand is a singular composed subtances, that is meant to withstand pressure... (UNDER THE SEA) Zaku attack is constructing wind to the extreme causing the pressure that is exhibited to contract and crush.

-battle comes down to whether ultimate blast can penetrate... and unless there something besides that one panel.. I dout it can.

30. Inajiraarijani

As much as it pains me to say so, Zaku's probably in trouble. His attack is powerful, certainly, a lot more than almost anything else we've seen at the time he used it. But I don't think it was powerful enough to knock away the dual-layers of sand. Secondly, Gaara maybe proude, but he knows when he's in trouble. I think if he was able to sense what was coming for him, he's make a sand replacement as soon as it was possible.

All in all, Dosu and Kin have a much better chance against Gaara than Zaku does.