1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Zaraki a Hollow Hybrid?

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by Wrath, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Wrath Mourning

I'm just thinking since Zaraki has ridiculous levels of spirit power just like Ichigo (possibly even more), the only true Hollow/Shinigami hybrid we know of, that maybe there's more to that story?

I was rereading the Ichigo/Zaraki fight and at one point Ichigo does his aura flare and I noticed that his aura was in the shape of his Hollow mask (complete with the marks on the right). Then Zaraki counters with his and it looks pretty similar, definitely like a skull.

Tags:
  2. TenshiOni Active Member

Hmmm...

Alot of ppl in Soul Society (Tousen for one) seem to think that Kenpachi is unnatural. A monster. So, there might just be something to his past. I doubt Hollowgami though. I'm leaning more towards 12th Division experiment.

I mean, he said he grew up with no parents. Interesting, no?

Frankly, I want to learn who this "Yachiru" was. He gave the Yachiru we all know and love her name because "Yachiru" ws the only person he ever cared for. Who was she?

3. Yak on a Forums Break

Good theory, though I don't support it from the point of knowledge we have so far. I still just think that he is the raw power type, that's why I doubt he will ever learn the name of his soulcutter and instead only will increase he normal spirit pressure, because it suits his whole style much better but that's a different story.

Of course you are right that it looks strange that he is so extremely powerful but maybe it really has to do with his past. If we look on the short backflashs he and Yachiru had, both of them came from the worst of all areas in the soul socitiy, from Kusajishi and Zaraki. Violence and murder was common and daily business, we saw Zaraki sit on a stone with dozens of slaughtered men around him. He, himself didn't seem wounded at all. And that was even before he came to the academy and became a shinigami. So he already used his bare strength to fight the daily war to survive in the outback.

For the sillhouette that was shaped like a skull when he was pumping his spirit pressure up, I think this was only the personification of his extreme killing intend. When Zaraki get's into a rush there is no holding back. And since he doesn't fear darkness or being killed at all he can put his all into the thing that gives him the greatest pleasure - fighting someone who is as strong or stronger than him and beating him.

But still you brought up a pretty good point. Maybe something is not right with him, I don't know. But I'm sure we will hear about Zaraki and Yachiru again and maybe even about the person that Yachiru is named after (maybe it was his wife? Or his mother or sister?).

4. Wrath Mourning

That's what you say about everything! :D

Of course there's no reason why it can't be both. He might not be a perfect hybrid like Ichigo (if that is even the case for him) but he could be one of the failed hybrids mentioned by Aizen. Maybe his failure was that he was unable to learn the name of his soul cutter? Or otherwise suffered a lack of essential Shinigami powers?

Well, the reason the idea came to me was because when Yachiru does the same thing her aura is shaped like a beast of some sort whereas Zaraki's does bear a certain resemblence to a Hollow mask.

5. Vegeta <font size="+10"><b>PENIS.</b></font>

The failed Hybrids mentioned by Aizen were all Hollows changed into Shinigami, not Shinigami into Hollows.

In answer to the topic, no, I just think he is a freak.

6. TenshiOni Active Member

>.>
    <.<

Quiet j00!!! :mad :oh :amuse :p

7. Tsukiyomi Crazy Cyborg Monkey

Nope, I don't think so at all. If he were a hybrid his hollow side would have emerged at some point, Ichigo's always emerges when he is in danger. If Zaraki had one it would have most definetly shown itself after Ichigo started beating Zaraki.

I think he is just very powerful, but seeing as Ichigo is the only hybrid, in the end he will far surpass everyone.

8. Wrath Mourning

That doesn't mean there weren't any though.

9. Tsukiyomi Crazy Cyborg Monkey

Nor does it mean there were any either. He only mentioned that they tried to make hollows into shinigami and failed.

10. Wrath Mourning

I reread the chapter in question.

He continually uses "we" when talking about the research. "We were researching etc" "We failed etc". And the other person/people he's talking about is made clear not to be Urahara. He specifically says that he concentrated on transforming Hollows into Shinigamis. Since he wasn't the only one working on it it is more than reasonable to assume that firstly attempts were made to do the opposite and secondly that someone else concentrated on that.

Wrath ftw.

11. Vegeta <font size="+10"><b>PENIS.</b></font>

Bringing it back to Kenpachi, the answer truely is no. If they did experiment, and failed, they would have killed the thing. And Kenpachi has always been freaky even before he became a Shinigami.

12. Tsukiyomi Crazy Cyborg Monkey

Wait...wait....because there are two people its safe to ASSUME one of them did the opposite? How is it safe to ASSUME that? They were attempting something no one had ever done before, it would make perfect sense for them to both be doing the same thing in order to increase the odds of success.

13. HinataFanBoy Aint Depression A Bitch?

well most of the ppl in soul society didnt know their parents, even some of the captains

14. Wrath Mourning

Let's see. You have two ways of approaching a problem. Do you put all of your eggs in one basket and, in a group, only concentrate on one or do you try both? Especially considering that turning Hollows into Shinigami worked out so fucking well for Aizen, huh?

Someone is bound to have experimented on turning Shinigamis into Hollows. I would estimate the odds at 100%.

And of the characters we've seen thus far, Zaraki is the best bet. No name. Mysterious past. Ridiculous amounts of power. Hollow mask like aura.

Like Aizen killed the Hollows he experimented on? And besides, Zaraki has ridiculous power. He could have survived them trying to kill him.

15. Vegeta <font size="+10"><b>PENIS.</b></font>

There is the SLIGHTEST possibility that this is true.Being sensical in this, if Aizen had messed with Kenpachi, 1. He would not have wanted Kenpachi to be a captain, unless he was with him, 2. Kenpachi isn't with Aizen.

Gah. There are too many things pointing out saying that no, Kenpachi is just someone who likes to fight and has a shit load of Spiritual Pressure.

And he doesn't have a hollow like Aura, he just has Shit loads of Spiritual Pressure.

16. Tsukiyomi Crazy Cyborg Monkey

Sorry dude, but this isn't real life its a story. Unless we're told something that actually hints at this atleast a little bit, you can't just assume something like that happened. Aizen mentioned NOTHING about it during his little villain monologue, and thats when villains in these stories reveal everything.

Parts of Zaraki's past were show and nothing has EVER....even once...indicated that he could possibly be a hollow. No one has ever sensed hollow energy in him (like Byakuya sensed in Ichigo), he has never displayed any hollow properties or shown any hollow abilities/features like Ichigo has done.

Face it, Zaraki is just naturally strong, but he is still within the limits of shinigami, he'll never match Ichigo once he learns to harness his hyrbid abilities.

17. Bergelmir Ultimate Doolbreaker

The only person he cared for is the Yachiru we know. "Yachiru" and "Zaraki" are names of sections in Rukongai. They both had no names so they named themselves after the sections they came from.

On topic, I don't think Zaraki is a hybrid or experiment...or at least I'm hoping hes not. It would take away his coolness...

18. LaziBoiHoa New Member

is all this in the anime or manga?

19. Vegeta <font size="+10"><b>PENIS.</b></font>

This is the Manga Section, so generally we are talking about the Manga.

20. Yak on a Forums Break

No, the name of the area the cute little Yachiru we know comes from was "Kusajishi". It became her LAST name, that's why she is named KUSAJISHI Yachiru as well as he gave himself his last name ZARAKI because he came from the 80th section named "Zaraki". Kenpachi isn't really a name, too. It's more of a title that means something like "strongest Shinigami in one generation", so he actually desided to become the strongest Shinigami before he even was one. And as I see it this is the crucial point that tells me that he already must have been very very powerful before he became a Shinigami or else he wouldn't have been so confident giving himself such a "powerful" name.

As for Yachiru, we really don't know why he named the little pink-haired girl that way, it must have something to do with his past. So no, we don't know who the "original" Yachiru was.

21. Bergelmir Ultimate Doolbreaker

Oh, my bad Yakkun.

22. Yak on a Forums Break

Haha, no problem. ;)

The backflash was first a bit confusing for me because of the names of the areas matching the names of characters and because in the second backflash I didn't notice right away that it was Yachiru speaking and not Kenpachi. ^^;

23. Jack Bauer Hoping Love

I dun see Zaraki being a hybrid.

Even when he said "those freaks at the 12th squad intstitution gave me this..." I still dont see Zaraki being a hybrid.

I think both Yachiru and Zaraki are gifted with enormous spiritual power like Ichigo...

24. monk3 Ryokan Pride

we will never really know until later. he was probably the result of some kind of 12th division mishap and escaped with no memory of it........maybe like a shini-hollow experiment? hmmmmmmmmmmm

25. Shishou Under this eyepatch is an eye!

Kenpachi is juss insane. Thats all there is to it.

You don't think that someone like Byakuya was an experiment? Or someone like Aizen, or the Old man, do you?

Kenpachi is a skillless powerhouse Shinigami. His spiritual far exceeds that of Ichigo's. Ichigo was only able to match it, by using Zengetsu's power with his own, juss to face Kenpachi's spiritual power alone.

Kenpachi can't really compress his spiritual power much, and thats why he has to wear the eyepatch. He can't even seal up his soul slayer, because he is unexperienced. So all his badassness, is simply from his insane power.

If Kenpachi was a hollow or what not, that would be lame. That means he was created to be strong, instead of it being his own power.

26. Tsukiyomi Crazy Cyborg Monkey

If you really look at it, what we've seen of Ichigo is nothing compared to what his real power would be like.

Remember when he faced his hollow half, the hollow was only weilding the initial release Zangetsu, but its power was so insane everything around it was being disintegrated. When the hollow came out during Ichigo's Ban Kai it commented on how Ichigo had no idea how to really use it. Ichigo himself also said Zangetsu only taught him how to fire energy, that sword obviously has a lot of other abilities, he just didn't have time to learn them.

In the end when Ichigo really learns to tap his hollow powers and use Zangetsu more, he'll be in a class by himself. Thats why Aizen did his whole monologue about hybrids, to foreshadow Ichigo's eventual power.

27. skeeterb20 i should get more manga time

hmm kenpachi... i dont think he's a hybrid. The only thing i see in his future is he'll learn the name of his soul slayer and then be one of the major fighters in the final battle with aizen, the hyrids, and soul society. like hell probably be fighting the 4th toughest guy....

28. Megaharrison Eternal President of the Cafe Retired Staff

He definetly isn't an experiment...Kenpachi is just insane.

The skull seen in his aura was just showing his "demon" self.

29. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

Yeah it seems that he just comes from a clan that's really rough. Wasn't this mentioned before as well?...the fact of his clan that is.

30. Marsala The Ice-Cream Man Cometh

This topic was started before the introduction of the Vaizards, who seem to be the Shinigami-into-Hollow side of the equation of which Wrath deduces the existence.

I think Kenpachi is likely to be another shinketsu "trueborn" like Ichigo who was born with his powers. If Kenpachi was a hybrid, his inner Hollow would have devoured him a long, long time ago.