1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Zaraki Kenpachi vs Komamura Sajin (Manga)

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by Zaraki, Jul 24, 2005.

Zaraki vs Komamura

1. Zaraki Easily

22 vote(s)
    44.0%
  2. Zaraki after taking off all 'disadvantages'

21 vote(s)
    42.0%
  3. Too close to call

2 vote(s)
    4.0%
  4. Komamura after a tough battle

4 vote(s)
    8.0%
  5. Komamura Easily

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  1. Zaraki

Spoiler: Current Manga
    If they hadnt have been interupted who do you think would have won...?

Who and by how much ?

I think Zaraki, but I think it'd be a great fight.

Zaraki would soon find himself out of his depth and take the eye patch off, then I think a really hard fight would ensue before Komamura is unable to continue..

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2005
    Tags:
  2. Tsukiyomi

Spoiler:

Komamura is probably the only captain we've seen with the physical force to match Zaraki raw blow for raw blow, but were Zaraki to take off the eye patch I don't know if Komamura could last. We haven't seen very much from him except his brief Ban Kai and being Owned by Aizen.

3. Shishou

I think Kenpachi could beat him with his eyepatch on. Komamura doesn't seem worthy of Kenpachi's full power.

4. superman_1

would have to say Zaraki..... his power will be too much for komamura.....
    Spoiler:
    in the manga he has to use his ban kai against zaraki who still had his eyepatch on and defeated tousen.... so imagine how battle how the battle will be if zaraki takes off his eyepatch
    ... poor fox dude will die...... zaraki's spiritual pressure is wayyyyyyyy powerful and he would defeat komamura......zaraki will get injuries too but komamura has no chance of winning.....

5. Bass

I say Zaraki after he takes his eyepatch off.

But it would be a great fight.

6. Gooba

Spoiler:
    There was a reason he got 2v1ed, it is because he pwns so much they needed 2 to make it an interesting fight.
    Kenpachi wins with the eyepatch on. There is a reason he earned him name.

7. Gaaravision

Kenpachi all the way. Trying to match Kenpachi with raw power is useless, unless you're packing as much power yourself, and even with his Ban Kai, I doubt he could even come close to Kenpachi without the patch. There's a reason Kenpachi is a captain without even having a Shikai, much less Ban Kai. And one of the strongest captains at that.

8. Invisus

Kenpachi is like Ichigo, both of their swords are always in the Shikai form.

9. Shiari

Kenpachi..... enough said.

............God have mercy on anyone's soul if Kenpachi can ever do Ban-Kai.. >.>

10. Gaaravision

Except, you know, he couldn't even seal his sword, as stated by Kenpachi himself, and he doesn't even know his sword's name. A prerequisite for Shikai. Kenpachi doesn't have Shikai.

11. Wrath

....no.

It has been made very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very clear that Kenpachi doesn't have Shikai.

12. XxGreat Hokage NarutoxX

kenpachi fought tousen withstood his shikai and bankai and defeated him and had enough to take on komamaru.........if kenchan learned his swords name and his shikai alone he probably could mop the floor with komamaru....but we still havent seen komamaru full potential....but cutting to the chase i would go with kenchan

13. Blue Supporting Staff Retired Staff

Zaraki loses to Ichigo because he's the main character and Bleach is lame like that, and maybe Byakuya because he's hot.

No one else.

Oh, and probably Genryuusai too.

14. Invisus

No it isn't. Kenpachi said his sword wasn't sealed, and that as it was that was the true shape of his soul cutter. Also, as we have seen with nearly every sword in Bleach, their weapons look like regular Katana's until they use thier shikai which than makes it take on a unique look.

Kenpachi's sword is by no means a regular looking Katana.

15. Bass

Um...yes it is. Zaraki said himself that he doesn't know the name of his sword. And how do you get Shikai? By knowing the name of your sword.

16. Invisus

No it isn't, if it was the blade wouldn't be all jagged. You can't say it's due to wear and tear as the Soul Cutters appearently repair themselves, yet Zaraki's doesn't? And yes, it's a Shikai, he said it isn't sealed and that even if he knew how, he wouldn't be able to seal it because he's so powerful.

If it wasn't his shikai he would say that his sword cannot be unsealed, or that he doesn't know how to unseal it. Instead he says that it's not sealed and that's its true form.

17. IronFist Alchemist

The man doesn't even know the name of his sword....yet he knows it's unsealed? I came to the conclusion that Ken-chan doesn't know crap 'bout anything besides his own power and fighting :S

That's what makes him the man tho! :amuse

18. Blue Supporting Staff Retired Staff

Zangetsu's unreleased form does in no way resemble a regular katana. One could argue that that's due to Ichigo's spirit power, which it is... but the same goes for Urahara's Benihime.

Kenpachi's zanpakutou is rather mundane aside from an odd guard and the damaged blade.

It was always my impression that it's in its original form, but I haven't paid close enough attention to be sure.

19. TenshiOni

Dude....Yoruichi clearly stated that in the long history of the Gotei 13, only one person has ever reached the rank of captain without either bankai OR shikai, and that is Zaraki Kenpachi.

20. IronFist Alchemist

LOL, well there you have it! :amuse

21. Invisus

No she doesn't.

Yoruichi asks Ichigo if he's noticed that his Soul Cutter is always in it's released form, to which he replies "So it's like Kenpachi's soul cutter?". She than later goes on to say that there is another level of release which is the Ban Kai, and that every captain is capable of doing it with the exception of Kenpachi who's the only captain that doesn't even know the name of his soul cutter.

However, she never says his cutter isn't even in the Shikai form, and she doesn't correct Ichigo's statement. It also goes along with Kenpachi's claim that his Soul Cutter is always unsealed.

22. TenshiOni

Alright, I see what you're saying.

Ichigo didn't know the name of his sword yet it was always in Shikai mode to begin with, possibly do to his great power. Something Kenpachi has.

The thing is, Shikai is defined as "first release", knowing the name of your zanpaku-to. Or at least, that's what was implied by Urahara...

How confusing. :(

23. Yak

Invisus, I don't know whether you're manga reader or not but there are a lot of things in the anime that are expressed rather confusing and are said differently in the manga. That confuses the meaning of the words alot.

Spoiler:
    E.g. Zaraki never said in the manga that he "couldn't seal his sword, even if he wanted because his spirit pressure is so high". He said, he is so strong that the strongest seal won't do any good. That's a slight difference and means, that he simply doesn't care about whether his soulcutter has a name or not and whether it is in shikai mode or not. His raw spirit power is above that anyway. This has nothing to do with that his soulcutter is alsways in shikai mode like Ichigo's. It simply means he doesn't know the name, therefore can't release shikai but well, he doesn't even care because his spirit pressure is above shikai. It's obviously captain-level, so it very well matches ban kai. And when you're that strong and see your soulcutter as a tool for war anyway, then you simply don't care about that whole release-crap.

Ichigo simply assumed that his sword is like Zaraki's soul-cutter, he probably didn't really understand or confused that his soulcutter is an exception because it's always released[/] and therefore so large, powerful and doesn't change shape when called by it's name while Zaraki's is always unreleased but he is still so strong because of his raw reiatsu and the sword doesn't change shape because he simply doesn't KNOW the name.

Zaraki simply can't have shikai, it always requires to know the name of the sword. So, they probably screwed up the requirements for the shikai because Zaraki always having shikai on would be entirely pointless, it would completely destroy the attitude of his character and besides that, what would his soul slayer's ability be when it's always in shikai-mode? He didn't show any. The extreme power Zaraki has? That would be overkill, he's far to strong for only shikai-release.

But well, I don't want to turn that into another Zaraki's soul slayer discussion. That's just the way I see it and it's much more logical and clear that way than him having always shikai on.

For the topic, I think it would be a hard, probably pretty long fight. It's not okay to judge the power by the looks but Komamura indeed looks tough. Not to speak of his ban kai. I think Kenpachi would be forced to take of his eye-patch pretty quick and then have to come up with a way to fight that giant ban kai of Komamura. Unless he doesn't simply overpower it with his reiatsu and turns both to dust immediately, I think this could be one of the harder fights for Kenpachi.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2005
  24. Invisus

Spoiler:
    The Shikai is a release of the seal on their swords. Kenpachi claims his sword isn't sealed, nor that there is a seal good enough since he's so powerful. When he says "This is my swords true form" he litterally means it, it's not sealed like everyone elses soul cutter and is always in it's shikai form.

Yes he assumed that, but at the same time Yoruichi didn't correct him and it goes along with what we are shown in the manga. All the sealed Soul Cutters look like regular Katana's while Kenpachi and Ichigo's look unique.

You also have to remember that it isn't just Ichigo's words but the authors through Ichigo, he was making a comparison between Ichigo's and Kenpachi's sword to reflect how strong they were. If he wanted us to know that Kenpachi's sword wasn't in Shikai he would have had Yoruichi correct Ichigo instead of going in a round about way to vaguely imply that Kenpachi's sword isn't in Shikai.

Yes he can, you don't need to know the name to have it in the unreleased state all the time. You need it to release the first seal, but like Kenpachi said even the strongest seal wouldn't work. He blatently states that there isn't a seal on his sword, and goes on to say that even the strongest seal wouldn't do any good.

And it doesn't ruin his character. Zangetsu tells Ichigo that Kenpachi's power is diminished because he only believes in his own power and doesn't work with his sword, so he's still ridiculously strong.

As for the special ability of his soul cutter, who knows what it is, that is something that requires you to communicate with your blade and to know it's name. Even Ichigo was unable to do anything but swing his sword around until he learned more about Zangetsu, why would Kenpachi be any different, especially since he seems to think it's only good for cutting.

25. Yak

^ Haha, okay. :D You interprete it that way, I do in another, no point in arguing about it. Let's stick with the fact that Kenpachi is an awesome powerhouse and simply owns with or withouth shikai, bankai or whatever. ;) We will soon enough find out whether or not he is capable of ever learning shikai and bankai or being able to pull out the power of his sword and learn the name.

26. cinosweiv

I am sure that Zaraki can match Sajin's BanKai form.
    But we don;t know much about Sajin' BanKai usefulness yet.
    Two times he summons it, we have no chance to see his BanKai in actions.
    But, with eye-patch off and full-releasing spiritual power, Zaraki can almost match Sajin's BanKai (taken that he is not injured after the fight with Tousen)

27. kknaruto24

kenpachi beacuse of his immense spiritual power

28. keese

Silly fox, Zaraki cut you to pieces and put you in a box. Then Yumichika will come over and put a nice ribbon on the box. Hey look on the bright side..maybe he can be the most powerful fox in anime NOPE. Beeeeecaaause some have nine tails....

29. Nihongofreak

nice job on reviving a year old thread

30. Yak

God, why keep the newbies on reviving those old dead threads?