1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Zaraki Kenpachi

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by Similac, May 21, 2005.

1. Similac

Even without knowhing his soul slayer's name he is that powerfull, do you think he could become the most powerful captain (under the old man) if he chooses to learn the name of his SS. Will he even try to? I think his search for more power will eventually have to lead him to trying to discover his soul slayer.

Tags:
  2. smackmyface

He's already started asking his zanpakutou name before when he's lying of the rooftop after his match with Ichigo :wink

3. Similac

ya but he blew it off and said something around the lines of "knew it was all fake"

4. Vegeta

Kenpachi's Soul Cutter will most likely never reveal it's name to him, as he has ignored it for too long. He may if he by some miracle changes from someone who just wants a good fight to someone who wants to protect something/someone, learn its name. It may help him.

5. Khemical

If he learned Shikai/Bankai he would be a machine! Bankai would make him 50x stronger than what he is now...I feel bad for any Captain that would mess with him...

"Zaraki: Ban Kai!"
    "Captain: Yeah..ugh...gotta run *poof*"

6. Yak

Depending on how the plot of Bleach develops he might or might not learn the name of his soulcutter. But I guess he probably won`t learn it. I guess it simply isn`t the style for the character. Zaraki is supposed to be THE exceptional captain, the raw dude who fights only with the spiritual strength given to his body...uhm...soul...whatever he is in soul society. ^^;

A soulcutter would kinda ruin the atmosphere he brings towards the reader when he fights, it would kill of the mystery about him being so naturally powerfull that - no matter how often you slice`n`dice him - he won`t fall down. In his own twisted way Zaraki is already superior to all those powerfull captains who can fight with bankai and named soulcutters. Just like Yachiru said, "Ichigo was fighting two on one", Zaraki is better of without named soulcutter for he then being the only captain who actually is uber powerfull all alone. ;)

7. Alien785

The released form of Zaraki's Soul Cutter will probably function like a GPS so that it'll only take him 10 chapters instead of the usual 20 to reach the fighting. :p

"Guide me, ya oversized stick!"

8. XxShadowxX

lmao, it would certainly help him, but imagine his bankai, he grabs on to it, and in a split second it launches off to the nearest enemy XD

9. Jackal Iscariot

i love that character. fightin is such a pleasure to him.
    i dont really know if he is gonna learn it or not but i would love to see what he can do.

10. BushidoPunk

I think its possible he would become one of the more powerful captains in the Gotei 13, if he managed to figure out his soul cutter's name. Though, I kind of like him the way he is.

11. Code

He's already one of the more powerful ones...

12. Tsukiyomi

Zaraki is already stronger than almost every captain, if he actually managed to learn some of his sword abilities he would be a monster.

Thats never going to happen though, he seems as though he is meant to be the character who fights with strength alone, and thus far that seems like all he has needed.

Even if he did learn his Zanpakutou's name and his Ban Kai, Ichigo will still be stronger in the end. Why? First off he's the main character in a shonen jump manga, secondly if he wasn't it would ruin the whole story esablished by Aizen about how shinigami/hollow hybrids are supreme.

13. Similac

lol, thats awesome :p

14. Hayate

I agree with most, he will most likely never learn it unless say Yachiru was in danger or something, and with it he would be better than sliced bread but, Ichigo will still always be > than him.

15. Code

Nah... he lost the first time anyways and only lived due to hollow mask and only fought as long ans harmed him due to hollow power... And it's not like Ichigo is the only one able to get stronger.

16. Tsukiyomi

Even if Zaraki surpasses him (which I doubt he will) Ichigo will just surpass him again.

If Ichigo doesn't surpass all the shinigami than all this talk about hyrbids has been for nothing. Ichigo is able to surpass the limits all shinigami have, so in the end Zaraki can't be better than him.

17. NarutoSitro

I think if he knew his ss he would die because he couldnt control that much power

18. Shishou

Zaraki's spiritual power exceeds even Ichigo's. It is pretty safe to assume, no one has a spiritual power that is equal to his.

His sword is simply a sword he swings around using his own power. So it is almost as if he is using an ordinary sword.

So I would say, if he learned to use his sword, and could Bankai and all that good stuff, he would be on equal grounds with Hollow Ichigo.

19. Code

Say Hellow to Menos Grande Zaraki then... puny hollows...

20. Shishou

Ya know they are goin to the hollow world, simply so they can show off Hollow Ichigo more >.<

You would think at this point, Hollows are nothing. And Ichigo's Spirtual power can destroy them alone.

21. Khemical

Zaraki walked away a loser as well...well he was carried off by Yachiru unable to move I should say*, I do believe Zaraki said Ichigo won, twice. That's the pre Ban Kai, pre Zangetsu abilities, pre all out Hollow/Ichigo. Not to mention inexperienced in fighting (1st captain fight).

Like others said, I doubt Zaraki will ever learn his Soul Cutters name, thats his trademark, the only shinigami to ever become a captain not knowing Bankai, let alone his Soul Cutters name. To be able to take hits and not fall, have that much raw strength. Though I'd love to see what his Soul cutter would look like released, badass is the only word that comes to mind.

22. Shishou

Bah, Zaraki won that fight.

Zaraki juss has a big sense of pride, and figures if he goes down, he loses.

Ichigo went down first, Zaraki gave Ichigo tons of chances and handicaps. And he even let him get free hits on him. I'd say in my book, the one who hits the ground and can't get up first, loses.

23. Khemical

to an extent I agree with you, when the other drops seconds later and can't move I wouldnt exactly call him a winner either though. I'd go with draw more than Zaraki won, he stood long enough to say something along the lines of "what are you apologizing for, you won" *thud* Had he of went all out right off the bat Ichigo would of been screwed, assuming Zaraki could catch him, Ichigo was running away pretty fast :D

24. Tsukiyomi

Not sure what point your trying to make.

Zaraki's years of battle experience gives him a big edge on Ichigo. During his fight with Zaraki Ichigo hadn't had his true Zanpakutou a month, he didn't know any of its abilities and still doesn't know how to really control his spirit power.

Zaraki can control his power, he just doesn't know his swords name. Comparing Zaraki to post-byakuya fight Ichigo doesn't make much sense. Ichigo would have far surpassed him by then, and thats only with a few days of training.

As Aizen said, all shinigami have limits, only a hybrid can surpass those limits. Ichigo is a hybrid meaning no normal shinigami can ever match his full power.

25. isanon

but kenpachi blacked out first

26. Yak

I think Tsukiyomi is right. Zaraki is pretty much the strongest Shinigami among the others if we would see them all fight without released soulcutters. Ichigo really doesn`t count for he is a Hollow-Shinigami-hybrid. And the fact that Zaraki didn`t participate in any exam to become a captain or got the acknowledgement from others via reputation... no, he earned his rank by simply killing the previous captain. Assuming that he wasn`t on the strength-level he is now at that time, I guess this is very impressive.

27. Shishou

Regardless, they both couldn't get up. So it would be a draw at least.

And as the little woman said "You won, he cheated! It was two against one."

28. Code

Zaraki may have said he lost but look at the fight, he won. Ichigo fell down first. Simple as that. That wasn't pre zangetsu... that was't pre-Hollow... and it was using the hollow powers that he managed to not get his torso cut in half and to even survive that long. Yoruichi's word was that if it hadn't been for hte mask he would've been cut in half. Also if you look at the whole inside Zangetsu thing with his talk with his hollow self, then from that came a burst of energy in the shape of his hollow mask.

Kenpachi blacked out first? I was reading it yesterday and I remember Ichigo apologizing on his way down, then by the time Zaraki said "You idiot you won" or whatever Ichigo was already out. Before his hollow power-up Zaraki broke Ichigo's sword effortlessly. He said the bells, eyepatch, and him holding back was just for a fun battle. He was leagues ahead of Ichigo before the hollow thing.

29. Khemical

ack, sorry, meant pre ban kai zangetsu, typing the same basic thing over and over and over can do that <.< Ichigo falling down first then Zaraki falling down a few seconds later unable to move isnt something I'd exactly call winning, usually the winner walks away from a fight, when both guys go down and out I'd consider it a draw.

Leagues ahead? Are we reading the same manga? On mine Zaraki is on the ground badly wounded unable to move, when someone's leagues ahead of the other the fight usually ends with them untouched, a good example of "leagues ahead" would be Byakuya and Ichigo on their first encounter, THATS leagues ahead. Zaraki was stronger no doubt, he was too arrogant, and he paid for it, they both were carried away from that fight unable to move, badly wounded.

30. Code

Leagues ahead as in once Zaraki got serious he broke Ichigo's sword in his first strike. Ichigo had no choice but to resort to 'hollow powers'.

I count that has part of him, say as a transformation regardless of him wanting it or not. but It's just that the same 'hollow' ichigo completely owned Byakuya while the normal one would've lost.