1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice

Summer Zoids Wild (Summer 2018)

Discussion in 'Akihabara TV Channel' started by PlacidSanity, Feb 27, 2018.

1. PlacidSanity Unknown

From ANN:
    Uh, while I'm very happy to hear the franchise is still continuing the toy line, the anime teased seems a bit kiddy to me. :laugh

Tags:
  2. Aduro Definitely not a villain.

The haircuts and massive subtitles for generic attack names don't bode well TBH. I really liked chaotic century. It put a lot more effort into its plot and characters compared to the other merchandise ads masquerading as anime at the time. Like Beyblade for example.

3. Addy itachi is everywhere!!!

4. PlacidSanity Unknown

I'm surprised that TOMY is doing a new series for the Zoids franchise. In all honesty I thought an anime would have been created for the Zoids: Field of Rebellion game. :hmm

5. Fry J Vigilant

6. PlacidSanity Unknown

Same here. Sadly that weather event that happen at the tail end of summer of last year pretty much ended that joy for me. :sadpanda

7. SonOfMan (ง •̀_•́)ง

I used to watch zoids at 5:00 or 6:00 a.m on tv before going to school as a kid. :clap

8. blakstealth Club Bangerz

aawww man, I used to love Zoids. Watched the show and bought the model kits.

9. Zeit Omae wa mou shindeiru

Man I've never gone from so hyped to so disinterested in a single trailer. :dead

10. PlacidSanity Unknown

The design comes off a bit too kiddy right. Also looking at an image of the upcoming toy line the series will be based off.

Might pick up a few but really not that big a fan of the open riding cockpit. :hmm

11. Zeit Omae wa mou shindeiru

Yeah, I admit I haven't watched a series proper since New Century Zero and even then I always preferred Chaotic Century. Looking at the trailer the designs themselves look alright except for how small/light they seem but that's likely because the cockpits are open now.

12. blakstealth Club Bangerz

I'm definitely gonna get some of these lol.

13. PlacidSanity Unknown

:hmm So about 5 minutes of the series previewed.

14. SonOfMan (ง •̀_•́)ง

No clue what was said but it seemed entertaining

15. Ultrafragor Well-Known Member

I messed up by not keeping my zoids from the past and now those bitches are worth hundreds of dollars on ebay

16. DemonDragonJ Cowboy from Hell

I have seen nearly every previous Zoids series, except for Fuzors, but I shall not watch this series, just as I did not watch Digimon Universe and have stopped following that franchise, because I simply lost interest in it.

Out of curiosity, however, will this series be in its own continuity, or will it share a continuity with a previous series? Also, as long as I am asking that, I know that both Fuzors and Genesis were set in their own continuities, but is there any connection between Chaotic Century and New Century Zero? I vaguely recall hearing somewhere that NCZ is set several centuries after CC, but the series themselves are very vague about that, and it certainly would make no difference whether or not they were connected.

17. PlacidSanity Unknown

The only connection to CC and NCZ is the remains of the Ultrasaurus from the final battle of Guardian Force that's used as a finish line in New Century. I really wish Viz Media could re-release the CC/GF and NCZ. And finally release Fuzors and Genesis.

Toy line should be out soon, I've seen the preorders on Amazon stating that the 23rd of this month is it. :hmm

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. DemonDragonJ Cowboy from Hell

Are there legal reasons for why those series have not been released?

19. PlacidSanity Unknown

Honestly don't know. The only media releases I know are the Japan releases of DVDs and Blu Rays. Fuzors finished it's sub run in Australia so it might have DVDs release there as well. Genesis was picked up by Viz Media and was reported by them that they had some of the episode dubbed but haven't seen them. :huh

20. DemonDragonJ Cowboy from Hell

21. PlacidSanity Unknown

Sucks as I had download the last remaining episode to see how Fuzors ended. Series picked up on the second half and was an improvement from the first. Really annoyed to no end that Genesis was never given the chance to air here as I thought it was an interesting series.

22. PlacidSanity Unknown

Just finished watching the first episode. So it's pretty much catch your own zoid if you want to ride one. :hmm

Ok, after viewing the episode sub it would seem that MC comes from a village that is afraid of Zoids and the only reason he is not was that his father and his zoid partner saved the village in the past and now the son is looking for a partner of his own. :hmm

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  23. Addy itachi is everywhere!!!

i remembre this anime now..... god, its been a decade :skully

24. Aduro Definitely not a villain.

25. PlacidSanity Unknown

Finished looking at the second episode. Hmm, so the kid partners up with the liger for a short time before getting rejected by the zoid for doubting his abilities. Pretty much the majority of the episode was the kid trying to ride the liger but keeps getting thrown off. :hmm Finally is able by the end of the episode but the guys that helped him are turning against him next week. :huh