1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Some Pokémon went missing during Easter time. Please, help us to solve this case. Check Detective Pikachu and the Eggstravaganza Case.

Dismiss Notice
  6. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Zoro ( One Piece ) Vs. Toph ( Avatar )

Discussion in 'Manga/Anime Battledome' started by Hitotsumami, Oct 25, 2006.

Zoro Vs. Toph

1. Zoro

13 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Toph

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hitotsumami Hahahahahahah!

The fight takes place on a 10 mile long island of nothing but rock, so Toph has a huge advantage.

The winner is determined by death.

Who takes this?

Tags:
  2. Pipboy Now With 96% More Pip

Massive advantage to Zoro. The fight lasts for exactly .2 seconds, at which point a 36 agony phoenix lash will blow through all of Tophs defenses and bisect the poor blind girl.

She is completely out of her league.

3. ez Jesus Christ

now now relax with the massive advantage to zoro, toph can tell how people move before they take even a compelte step. Don't underestimate her just because zoro owns. I'd say Zoro wins as well, but Toph will last a few moments; she's got a good defense/offense.

I know zoro can cut through everything she throws at him, but she can possibly put zoro underground or suddenly raise him high in the air, castle him in and such. She's not a complete push over even though Zoro's too much ownage.

4. Pipboy Now With 96% More Pip

I'm sorry but really no. Zoro's cut through half of a stone ruin then a solid block of iron hard cloud and then inflicted a crippling wound on a superhuman foe from a hundred meters away.

Toph can't see airborn attacks, and by airborn I mean born of the air. Not to mention a flying slash travels hundreds of times faster than the rocks she can dodge and hits hundreds of times harder than the lightning of Azula which blows through her defenses like they aren't there.

Her attacks don't travel fast enough to hit him and her dust cloud won't help at all as a hawk wave will blow it all away AND kill her.

5. ez Jesus Christ

who is to say the fight would start in that manner? You've Toph react the instant someone moves their feet and her attacks pretty much got there on time. I'm not saying she'd beat Zoro, but she'd keep him busy for a short while.

It's not like Zoro has knowledge of her abilities and knows to attack from the air. He'll try to do one of his normal attacks and before he starts running she could strike him with something. He has needed to move his feet for every attack he wanted to do and toph reacts to peoples movements the instant they happen. The point is she can slow Zoro down at least for a few moves

6. Pipboy Now With 96% More Pip

Why would he run?

If they start off within melee range, then he is going to be all over her like white on rice. She is far slower than him, so her feeling the vibrations aren't going to mean much. He will be there, gutting her within an instant.

If they start off at range, zoro will tense and then let loose one of the half a dozen ranged or massively long ranged rushing attacks that he can casually command. Once again even if Toph reacts in time to throw soemthing up, that shit will be like tissue paper.

In chapter 120 or so Zoro moved 100 meters in a blink of an eye. Now I am not saying that Toph is a weak character but 300 odd chapters later Zoro is even faster, even stronger and even more deadly. If it was his intention, he could probably paralyze Toph with his demonic aura.

7. The Pirate King Banned

8. Monna Malicious Miraculous Malevolent Maelstrom

Zoro, just because One Piece is pwnage.

Whats the point of all the Avatar threads? Isn't that just like, some Nickelodeon cartoon? Like SpongeBob?

9. Pipboy Now With 96% More Pip

Its a truely amazing series. One of the best all around animated events I have ever seen and this comign from a 21 year old working man who has seen all the mainstream anime out there an a crud load of the the less mainstream.

10. Monna Malicious Miraculous Malevolent Maelstrom

I watched a random episode on TV once and I though it was kinda silly. No offence personaly, I just didn't like the show. And comparing it to One Piece, which is considered by many to be one of the greatest animes ever, is a big stretch, but thats you opinion and I'm fine with that.

11. Pimp of Pimps But prostitute to all

Humans from Avatar are, aside from bending ans some spiritual abilities, normal people. So Zoro wins.

12. Louis-954 Well-Known Member

Hitot man, dont make me choose between these 2 ;;. I <3 them both rofl...

I'll choose later, I gotta give it some serious thought. good fight.

13. Monna Malicious Miraculous Malevolent Maelstrom

Why do the Avatar fights keep getting moved into the anime battledome?

Its not a freakin' anime!

14. Pipboy Now With 96% More Pip

I am very, very careful as to what I lend my praise to. Avatar is mostly the sum of its parts, there is no one thing that it does badly, in fact most everything is very good. One piece exceeds it in some ways, but if the first 30 episodes of One Piece were placed up against the first 30 episodes of avatar, avatar would win the contest hands down. One piece doesn't find its stride until episode 44-50. Avatar is pretty much bang on with every episode they do.

The fight choreography of the show is better than anything this side of samurai champloo and while there is a general lack of epic feeling, that too is supplied.

The VA's are great, actually commited to the emotion of there characters and the scripting and plotting is fantastic.

Overall One Piece has given me more, but if asked which one I anticipate more every week? avatar beyond the slightest shadow of a doubt.

EDIT: It gets moved here because avatar has more in common with anime than it does with western comics. It is in effect an american anime. Hence it belongs here.

15. TheGreenSamurai78 Bleach > Naruto

Please stop this fight. I'm a big Toph fan, and I don't want her to be cut into pieces. :(

Yes it is!!!! :notrust

16. Toffeeman I WILL EAT YOU

lol, no it isn't..

17. Kazuma the Shell Bullet The Bone of My Sword

Talk about elitism. Its enough of one.

18. TheGreenSamurai78 Bleach > Naruto

Anime is a style, it doesn't have to actually be from Japan to be anime, as long as it is in the anime style.

19. Toffeeman I WILL EAT YOU

Avatar is produced by Nickelodeon in America... it isn't an anime.

Simple as that.

It isn't even listed in ANN's encyclopedia..

20. Giovanni Rild The mods are my enemy

For something that isn't anime, it's a hell of a lot better than most anime. Who made this raping? The OP must hate Avatar

21. Bananna why do my pics shrink? DDD:

Let's not start the whole "Avatar is/isn't an anime!" wank. AGAIN.

All of Avatar's characters are fairly low on the food chain, considering most shonen anime's power levels - even though Toph is strong, Zoro is much, much stronger.