1. chrolloseum
    Take your chances in The Chrolloseum!
    Opened September 29th through October 15th
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Zoro vs Luffy

Discussion in 'Outskirts Battledome Archive' started by CABLE, Jun 13, 2005.

Who would win?

1. Zoro

16 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. Luffy

13 vote(s)
    36.1%
  3. Draw

7 vote(s)
    19.4%
  1. CABLE

Its a pretty close one, even though everyone thinks Luffy is way stronger, i disagree. i think that Zoro would win because he is a smart fighter as well as being extremely strong, and well Luffy is just extremely strong.

Tags:
  2. Code

I was thinking about making this thread earlier after watching some OP...

I'd say Zoro takes this. They're both monsters in strength, both monsters in will power, both can take a beating. Both insanely fast. They're pretty equal. But... Zoro's swords render Luffy's ability nearly useless in terms of not having any great resistance to. I'd say Zoro takes this.

I don't think much people think "luffy is way stronger." In their 1 or 2 fights they've had so far. They were even. Though in the end if Zoro got serious he'd win. Not easily though.

3. RaitoRyuukashin

Nah Luffy takes it if he gets serious or not. He's the Captain for a reason. He'd Pummel Zoro to death.

4. Code

He's the captain because he was the first crew member... They're played out to be equal during their scuffles but Zoro's fighting style is more effective against Luffy...

5. krzyvietboi2k5

Zoro would win, he could trick Luffy into going into the ocean with some meat. Then there would be total pwnage.

6. AssFace

Thier pretty much equal in all aspects, but Zoro's sword give's him a advantage over his gomu gomu power. Also Zoro is more capable in more fields of battling but Luffy's fight can't be too near water.

Plus if it's one thing I notice Zoro has a bigger advantage over Luffy is endurance. Zoro can take more damage than Luffy can. Though if Luffy get's seroius enough he can probably do the same. Luffy is tough but I don't think he's as tough as Zoro unless he's fighting for One Piece or something. Zoro got sliced like 6 times then smashed by rocks but got up. When he was sliced by Mihawk he went on to beat down on the stronger merman.

So Zoro.

7. RaitoRyuukashin

Zoro cant Take more Damage than Luffy....where'd you get that. Luffy was frozen, electrocuted,Scorched,poisoned, and Slashed with a wound that was bigger than Zoro's. Luffy would kill Zoro in a real fight. He's going to be King.

8. Code

Zoro's been through as worse... his main fights are almost always while he's injured a lot... Luffy is going to be king maybe, but Zoro is also going to be the best swordsman in the world. Luffy has fought Zoro seriously like in the Whiskey Peak thing, they were pretty much even. Then in fillers where they fought(I think I remember one) they were even.

9. itachiunleashed

i think zoro is the better swordsman and smarter so he wins

10. RaitoRyuukashin

His worst Injury was when he was almost sliced in half by one of the Shinibuchai (sp?) Then Luffy Took on the Same Person whose a much better swordsman and didn't get half as beaten. Luffy can be cut but have you ever seen him sliced? No. He is Stronger than Zoro. He would win.

11. AssFace

Ummm....I didn't read the manga yet, so I don't know if Luffy fought Mihawk, but back then Zoro is like 5% of the current Zoro. And yes Kuro has cut up LUffy before. Crocodile has stabbed him before. Luffy has been poisoned and such but he got to the doctor right after he beat croc. I think Zoro is Luffy's biggest rival.

I think Zoro can slice Luffy. But Zoro would be taken to his limit too.

12. Rice Ball

Zoro would win.

In the Anime so far they have both faught people that the other would lose too (Luffy wouldn't beat Mr 1, zoro wouldn't beat Crocodile)

ps Crocodile is not a better swordsman than Mihawk...where did you get that from?, i'd also say Mihawk is a stronger person in total.

13. Miderauchi no Hitokiri

I'ld say Zoro. Why? Just cause I think Zoro would be able to slice through Luffy

14. illusion

WTF!!! Am I in bizzaro world??

There's no way in "hell" Zorro can beat Luffy!! He's gonna be the king of the pirates! Yagoo, Yagoo, Yagooooo. :amazed

15. Zoro - inactive

Zoro's 108 Pound Cannon is good against Luffy,but Zoro=Luffy!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2005
  16. Tousenz

Zoro you cant bump 4 month old topics with one sentence. It was stated in the rules.

17. Darth Judicar

I'd say Zoro. Zoro's intelligence and swordplay can do so much more than Luffy's rubber. Luffy is basically all brawn and no brains, so Zoro's two strengths could overcome Luffy eventually.

18. Coaxmetal

Hmmm Tie.

They are both too stuborn to give up and they both have their retive strenghts and weaknesses that will cancel each other out. Luffy has range advantage but Zoro has the cutting advantage which luffy is vulnerable too.

19. Toffeeman

Oda has always portrayed them to be equal in strength, but determining a clear winner in a serious fight would be very difficult.

20. Pipboy

I voted luffy beacuse his enemies are greater and it is what my gut tells me but frankly I don't have an opinion worth a damn.

21. Pimp of Pimps

It's a draw. First of they had a tie in whiskey peak. Also, they both had a 5 in strengh in the databooks. And the OP databooks aren't like the naruto one's where they have strengh, speed, atamina, etc. So that means the strengh stat in OP meaans overall strengh, not just power.

And Luffy's true intelligence is in the air. I believe he is just super-care free and doesn't care much about the superficial However it is undisputed that he is a genius in fights, a plain genius.

22. Mat?icha

i will go with zoro

23. Pimp of Pimps

It's not possible for Anyone in the crew to be above Luffy. they might be on par with Luffy and they might be able to defeat enemies Luffy can't, but they won't be above him.

Have you ever seen a pirate crew where someone is stronger than the captian?