1. chrolloseum
    Take your chances in The Chrolloseum!
    Opened September 29th through October 15th
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Zoro vs Mihawk

Discussion in 'One Piece Battledome Archive' started by Wrath, Jul 8, 2005.

1. Wrath

Do you think Zoro has caught up with Mihawk yet? If not, how far away do you think he is.

Based on what we've actually seen of Mihawk I think Zoro is damn close, but then he has only fought once that we've seen. Is there any doubt that Zoro could pwn his old self just as easily as Mihawk did?

Spoiler: Recent Spoilers
    After all Zoro just beat, in one shot and without getting hit at all, a guy who was called the Ship Butcher because he specialized in doing exactly what Mihawk did in his first appearance.

Tags:
  2. sundis

Doubt it, Zoro cant really cut through a whole ship yet. But he's pretty close.

3. Wrath

Yes he can.

He can slice a building in half with a twitch of his hand and one sword. If he can do that then a ship is nothing.

4. Raistlin-sama

Mihavk, owned Zoro with a 15 centimeter long knife... I doubt we saw much of his power.

He destroyed the ships, but that is most likely not the heigth of his power, else he wouldn't be in the shichinbukai.

I doubt Zoro, have catched up to him yet...

5. Freija

... you do realize that Mihawk is probably one of the top in Shichibukai, with a bounty higher than 300,000,000 probably ? while Zoro is at 60,000,000. so no still to far away, Mihawk is the worlds nr.1 swordsman, and Zoro is developing fast and at a good speed, but still he would be pwned, although i doubt he could use that toy this time.

oh and btw, i don't think Zoro could beat his old self with a dagger like that.

6. Code

Zoro is definitely closer than he was a while back. But I don't think he's caught up yet.

And Don Kreig's ship is about the biggest we've seen so far...

Note: That's the Baratie Cooking Ship which wasn't anything small right next to it...

While he can easily slice through trains and buildings. I'm sure Zoro can easily deal with a ship that size and many of them but Mihawk could've cut down those 50 ships within a very small time span the way they described it. And that was during a storm probably still riding on his raft.

While I'm sure Zoro can easily cut through them. He probably doesn't have enough skill to be sitting down with the sword on his back while the bullets already left then easily guide the bullets away from him while just killing time.

Then there's the fact we haven't seen Mihawk go all out. Though Zoro has shown some huge inhuman improvements. It was said that the Shichibukai had equal standings with the Marines. And the way Mihawk is, he's probably one of the higher Shichibukai. And we saw how easily handled Zoro even though he was attacking along with Sanji and Luffy when they fought(if you'd call that a fight even) with a high ranking Marine..... still a fly compared to them even combining thier powers.

7. Luffy2692

how does hawk eyes have a bounty if he works for the government as a shichiboukai?

8. Code

The Shichibukai usually have their "Former Bounty" shown. So I guess he means that.

9. Delta Shell

I don't think it would make sense for Zorro to be at Mihawk's level yet..

That has to be something that is reserved for the series finale (or VERY close to it), given that to beat Mihawk would be to fulfil Zorro's dream and therefore make his journey come to an end..and I doubt we're that close to finding One Piece yet..

10. Freija

agree. that is why im guessing Mihawk is strongest of Shichibukai or #2 i mean worldst strongest swordsman cant be too weak right ?

former bounty's, this is no spoiler no more since K-F released 151 today or last night, so when you see laflamingo and that bible reading dude go in you see their previous bounties, 296 on that bible dude, and 340 on Laflamingo, and they were all suprised and said "the least expected one showed up" when Hawk eyes came in, meaning he is the one that cares least, kinda gives some proof (to me atleast) that he is strong, and that voice they used, kinda suprised like "HAAAAAWK EYES" O_O and read my answer above this one also.

11. Marsala

The inevitable rematch between Zoro and Mihawk is still a long way off (the Straw Hats will probably go through at least one major arc before then, the Pirate's Summit arc with Blackbeard and co. showing up), and it should be a close fight, so right now Zoro is still a long way from Mihawk.

But Mihawk would never be able to beat the current Zoro with a letter opener.

12. Hitotsumami

I believe it was stated in a databook that Mihawk had the ability to cut through the elements. Until Zoro learns how to comete with this, he can't win.

With Zoro's current amount of skill Vs. Mihawk, I do, however, believe that Zoro would put up more of a fight. The fight would last a little longer than last time, but Mihawk would still win.

13. Zaru Retired Staff

It will be quite fun when Zoro fights evenly against mihawk, two months after their first meeting :/

14. G-aara

I think Mihawk is the winner for the moment..

15. Mat?icha

i would say, zoro has gotten much stronger, but he is not strong enough to take on mihawk yet. plus, zoro could easily pwn the old zoro.

16. starsun

well that is kinda obvius since he has only advanced through the time in OP

but I say that Mihawk is still bette than Zoro but he isnt far away from a victory

17. Pimp of Pimps

Zoro is no doubt closer than a month ago, but nowhere near Mihawk as of yet.

18. Mat?icha

well, if OP is about to finish, then yeah, he is gonna be stronger than him soon enough.

19. Pimp of Pimps

OP has at least 5 more years to it.

20. Crowe

Zoro's goal is Mihawk, if Zoro would beat Mihawk then there would not be much for him to do with the crew. It's like suddenly wiping Zoro from the story so I doubt that he would be at hsi level now, I'd say that there is still a big difference in their strength.

Nice avatar, Mitsuru Adachi ftw.

21. Mat?icha

i guess, with this tempo, it is gonna last for some decades. i feel like i am gonna watch it with my grandchildren.

22. Seany

I think Mihawk would still beat Zoro at this time.