1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Some Pokémon went missing during Easter time. Please, help us to solve this case. Check Detective Pikachu and the Eggstravaganza Case.

Dismiss Notice
  6. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

zoro vs sanji (with metal sole boots)

Discussion in 'One Piece Battledome Archive' started by hitokiritensai, Oct 7, 2006.

1. hitokiritensai Member

If assuming sanji's boots cannot be easily cut by zoro's swords, which would most likely be the case even if he had leather if sanji is able to use his feet skillfully and block the side of the sword and not the blade, who would win?

If teawase was meant for one thing, it led oda to portray zoro and sanji as equals, with luffy streaking far ahead. many scenes in the manga also portray this
    zoro and sanji fighting similarly leveled opponents
    zoro and sanji being the only ones aside from luffy to break walls by their strength alone (tatsumaki, shishinabe shoot in the tower)
    zoro and sanji breaking the wall together after gomorrah collapsed
    zoro and sanji being the only ones together after their fights;
    zoro and sanji constantly doing one up on each other
    zoro and sanji being the ones to use luffy to shield the merry from cannonballs in ch. 429;
    heck even zoro and sanji always being the first and/or last or leftmost/rightmost in most portrait pictures of each of the strawhats as if to show symmetry/equality

back then, zoro was showed on par with luffy in all of the arcs before davy black/water7/enies lobby. After this, it seems that oda wants to portray luffy far stronger, and zoro and sanji as equals.

Then, who is really stronger between the two in a fight to the death. assume the triggers for bloodlust are released, and sanji can block zoro's swords with his boots in normal circumstances

Tags:
  2. Hitotsumami Hahahahahahah!

Even if Sanji had metal sole boots, Zoro can cut steel. If a serious fight ever broke out between the two, Zoro would win.

3. Geou Pronounced Jee-Oh

I think the fight would be closer than most people think. I'd say that Zoro would win in the end, as he promised not to lose ever again.

To the topic creator: That's a very well thought out post, by the way.

4. Aman <font color='#0000A0'>Really?</font>

As most One Piece fans think, I believe that Zoro is slightly ahead of Sanji.

5. dark_vincent 9000

Zoro wins, I think it would be a hard battle until Sanji does Devils Jump and Zoro does Asura, then Sanji hits Zoro and Zoro hits Sanji, but Zoro stands in the end.

And Zoro's dream is stronger than Sanji's, so he just can't get defeated.

6. hitokiritensai Member

sanji is severely underrated. and the same way, i dont think that we should judge who wins by whose dreams are bigger or anyone saying "I won't lose". Usopp can say "I won't lose" and we wouldnt give him any slack for it

7. Noodle Smash Brother

Well yea, but define (or rather quantify) "slightly". If Zoro is a 9, what's Sanji? An 8? 8.5? 8.9? Therein lies the contention for the most part.

8. Geou Pronounced Jee-Oh

Those dreams give them a bigger will to win. Sanji does not have a dream to be the strongest, just to be the greatest cook. -> actually to find the All Blue, thanks luchi. xD

Last edited: Oct 8, 2006
  9. cp9luchi mage pirate

Sanji is already a great cook, his dream is to find all blue :nod
    well, this fight is hard to determine, before water 7/EL I would've probably said zoro but i'll just say it's a draw until future arcs:)

10. Slips Fuck off

I belive That Zoro would win in a serious fight.

but even as the manga leans towards Zoro as it always gives him the second in command to the main villain character to battle while Sanji gets the third as shown in Alabasta.

I dont think that should be taken into evidence as if you would ask me who would win out of Zoro and Luffy I would call draw every time