1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Zoro's Family?

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga Archive' started by CABLE, Sep 19, 2005.

1. CABLE

I just recently realized that every character but Zoro has had their family revealed, Luffy has Ace and Gold D. Roger, Robin's family is dead I think, Chopper's family abandoned him, Nami had Bellemere and Nojiko, Ussop has Yassop and his mom, Sanji had the chefs at Baratie, but nothing for Zoro. Anyone think theres a possibility they may introduce one of Zoro's family memebers?

Tags:
  2. Code

Well his past was already sort of revealed. (Luffy is the only one who still remains somewhat mysterious) and it doesn't seem like they're going to going into any more depth/. Well his family really is unimportant to his goal (unlike Mihawk turns out to be his long lost brother...) so I don't think his family will be touched upon in the story anytime soon. But then agian, Ace sort of came out of nowhere (well he was introduced a bit before we found out he was Luffy's brother.)

3. Hayate

If you're going to say that the chefs were Sanji's "family" then why not the people at the dojo Zoro's?

He grew up there and all. . .So that could be his family, as he went there when he was young, alone so you could assume he was an orphan. . . Kinda like most of the crew were at some point.

4. Spawn

well most of the shonen mangas don't really focus on someone parent and family for that matters. Unless it is very important for the character development you will nearly never learn anything special about the parents of a character. Just like they never mentionned the parents of Rock Lee because is it really important to know the father and mother of this character? Not really or maybe his family is involved in something else but I don't think so.

My theory when he became "bounty hunter" and gained such a bad reputation among the people, his family probably cut their bonds with him plus recently he became a pirate and he is researched by the Navy? even less reasons for his family to try to contact him.

5. Wrath

We don't know how Sanji ended up training as a chef on that ship, though we know he was from West Blue, so your premise is flawed. Maybe Zoro will end up having some family show up like Luffy did, but it's not really important to his character.

6. CABLE

I sort of though it up from the fact that when Zoro came to the Dojo he was just wandering on his own. like he coulda left his family to go wandering. We can assume though that Sanji since he was working on a ship, didn't have a family.

7. Code

Well giving Zoro's bad sense of direction. He may have simply gotten lost.

8. Dr. Hiluruk

i dunno about his family. maybe they're peasants er sumthin'. don't ask me where i got that. i dunno myself. o_O

9. Grumpy Zoro

LoL that's so true haha

10. TheUzumakiMassacre

Well....Chopper is just...Who cares?

Ussoup- No one cares.

Robin- recently revealed.

Nami- same with her.

Sanji- Nothing realy interesting to be revealed unless it's about his footwork.

Luffy- Unknown

Zoro- His family is really "who cares" because they don't really contribute much to his life now.

11. Dr. Hiluruk

whudooya mean no one cares? speak fer'yerself.

12. escamoh

Sanji's from North Blue I think.

13. dragonofraven

Yeah, he was born in north, moved to the east with zeff(or that other ship, not sure).

14. Wrath

15. Manetheren

Zoro's "Family" being those people that basically raised him at the dojo, we pretty much know about everyone so far.

The only real wildcard is Luffy, sure we know about his past, that his brother is Ace, that he knew Shanks, and basically where he grew up, BUT there have been little hints everywhere that there is probably something more to his past that hasn't been explained.

Mostly having to do with the "D."

That is likely going to be the only thing that eventually gets explored more.

...unless they decide to have Tashigi (I think that was her name... Smoker's 2nd.) actually be the girl from Zoro's past somehow.

16. Maffy the Love Doctor

Yeah definitely. It'd be cool to see someone like a sibling or father of Zoro's past introduced but like everyone said, it aint that important (well, depending on who that person is really :p). But I agree that Luffy is by far the one with the most mysterious past since we know some of the basics but that's it cuz there is surely much more to it.

17. Sawako

Zoro's family can be the people from the dojo!

But really, I don't think it matters who his family is. It's not like he's trying to get revenge on anyone in his family, so it's not like it contributes to the story at all.

18. Nice Gai

Well if you look at One Piece Zoro, Nami, and Sanji basically dont have real family members but people who were close to them like family.

19. Molekage

smoker is zoros father. at least he looks like he could be... i always thought they looked alike

zoro's family isn't relevant to the story, whereas some backstories are major plot points. zoro just joins up without needing to delve into his backstory

20. Maffy the Love Doctor

I think he looks more like he could be related to Paulie....or maybe it's just the cigars :p.