1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Anime Awards for 2017 final part commences with the main awards! Please leave a vote or comment in one of the following competition threads!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Dismiss Notice

Zorp's One Piece Anime Thread

Discussion in 'Ohara Library' started by Soca, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Soca The Mud and the Oil Super Moderator

Now that the pirate tv section has been trashed due to heavy inactivity we've decided to make this thread for anything anime related and no manga spoilers.

Also before anyone asks who @Zorp is, he was the only member in the tv section who was active and was a genuine anime watcher so leave him be, he's an innocent. Any crimes against him will result in a swift and immediate ban :pek

Tags:
  2. Nello

Zorp should just upload a reaction video of himself for every new episode :catskully

3. Jin22 Well-Known Member

Lol...nice. I have brother in law who is another OP 'anime only' watcher. I'll support in this

4. Edward Teach Well-Known Member

5. Soca The Mud and the Oil Super Moderator

The Red Stones! The Guides to the One Piece

preview

6. Zeta42 Hentai

When you aren't popular with female ninjas

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  7. Roronoa Zoro Demon King

France
    Decent ep. 6/10.

Raizou's parts were raizer funny zou

9. Zeta42 Hentai

Just realized Luffy did this face :lufface earlier than he was supposed to.

10. Jonavity Neko

Sweden
  11. White Rabbit Doki Doki

France
    He can do it whenever he wants. It should even be an anime's meme. :cat

12. Zorp The Fighting Spirit

An anime thread has been named after me. Take me now, Jesus. My life is complete. :distracted

I was taken aback once Raizo was out of his chains: he looked a lot smaller in the last episode, but he's actually a big guy. He just looked small when compared to the Poneglyph behind him. His head really is absurdly large. :lmao

Poor Raizo. I feel like he's been asked to do ninja tricks so many times, he dreads meeting fanboys. Probably how Chris Sabat feels when Dragon Ball Z fans ask him to say, "It's over 9000!" I can't blame the guys for being disappointed, however, given how their dreams were shattering before their very eyes. Raizo did them a solid and showed off some of his skills! I thought he was going to do a lame vanishing act, but then he went full Nardo on them. Luffy even fell for the old log substitution jutsu, much to his pleasure. Now to see Raizo use some serious techniques...

The samurai crying scene stretched almost as long as Luffy's limbs. Rivers could have been replenished with those tears. They might have set a new record for "sustained choked-up noises."

A ROAD MAP TO THE LAST ISLAND, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I know there are three others, but the fact that you can use the locations of the points of interest to pinpoint the final island is huuuuge. The reveal felt so good because of the traditional soundtrack they played, signaling a big moment in the adventure. Who was the old man Luffy mentioned who told them about Raftel? I don't remember that scene. The art became rather polished for the second half of the episode. More than ever, I'm curious about who created the Poneglyphs. I also wonder if any other living pirates have read the Poneglyph on Zou. I imagine at least a couple of the Yonko have. What mysteries await the Strawhats at those four points? What is the true meaning behind the symbol of Momonosuke's clan? Ahh, I live for One Piece moments that drive the story forward!

You were waiting for the right moment to use that joke, weren't you? :maybe

13. White Rabbit Doki Doki

France
    Nope. I'm just overskilled with jokes. :cat

14. mayday123 My username sucks

It was Crocus, the one that is taking care of Laboon (he was a doctor on Roger's ship)

15. Zorp The Fighting Spirit

He was the guy taking care of Laboon? He was Roger's doctor? Wow, I must have blocked off the whole Laboon segment from my memory (this tends to happen with things related to Brook, I'm noticing...) It explains the waterway behind him in the brief flashback. Thanks for the refresher.

16. Soca The Mud and the Oil Super Moderator

The line about boiling Oden alive was as vague as in every manga translation we've seen... but the anime stuff appears to think it was spoken by Oden himself. My favorite version is still "I am Oden! I was born to boil!", even though now I know it's incorrect thanks to listening to the Japanese line in the episode.

Jack is getting nightmares about his fight with the Admirals, haha.

Edit: Real Poneglyph? How do you mistake the simple "Rio" for something else?

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  18. Edward Teach Well-Known Member

19. Zeta42 Hentai

20. Admiral Kizaru One Piece Expert

England
    Haven't watched the latest episode but this popped up on my YouTube feed (cos I've watched a lot of OP videos in the past innit):

They padded out (i.e. made up a lot of stuff about) the Jack vs Navy clash. :trinny

Jack face of fear when he sees Issho get serious (@2:07) ..... his body goes all limp and convulsed ..... :skully :hestonpls:bookerskully

Even the anime team shit on him. :skullrouge

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  21. Jonavity Neko

Sweden
    I don't get why that fb was thrown in this episode in the first place. Wouldn't it make more sense to put it right when Jack gets to Zou if they really felt the need to put it in rather then in the middle of the poneglyph conversation?

Anime has been doing rather fine recently but still a lot of padding for the sake of padding and slow pacing.

22. Ruse Anker

England
    Saw this yesterday, Fujitora tapped that ass so bad Jack out here having nightmares. :trinny

23. Black Rabbit Fucking Hilarious

24. Admiral Kizaru One Piece Expert

England
    It really wasn't in the chapter? Having since then watched the entire episode it did seem oddly out of place.

Only thing I can speculate was that because it was based on an exposition heavy chapter and essentially a giant info dump on the Red Ponelygphs and Oden, there was little action to stretch out as it was and so the only way for Toei to maintain their strict 1 chapter/1 episode pacing was to incorporate stuff like this.

Nigga probably ended up crawling up to his boss to beg him to get revenge :trinny

"Kaido-sama, the big bad Fujitora beat me up so badly in school today!!!"

"Please can you go and sort him out, you're the only one who can even deal with him!!"

:skully
    No, not really. Remember they are responsible for this monstrosity during MF that made Sakazuki look like such a fucking chump ....

Still have a lot of OP fans to this day thinking that this in accurate depiction of the final clash between the two and heck, judging from how some people on the OL view the event, there are plenty of morans on here who do as well. :giogio

tl;dr - The anime team are just terrible all round.

25. Jonavity Neko

Sweden
    Nope all this was filler. None of it was in the manga.

And yeah you are probably right. Since they are very vary of doing fastpaced episodes since that can get them too close to the manga and they have to do filler/breaks it was probably just something they needed to make sure the episode did not extend beyond one chapter.

26. Styles Infamous

Where the fuck is the movie at. Was looking forward to it for the holidays.

27. Soca The Mud and the Oil Super Moderator

28. ThatGreekLady Zoro is everyone's daddy

It looks like they really overdid it with the fanservice in this film. :facepalm

29. Admiral Kizaru One Piece Expert

England
    They always ratchet (that was a decent OP film btw) it up to maximum in the films. Typical Japan ..... got to get the teenage boys to part with their hard earned yen. :laugh:laugh

Strong World especially was ridiculous with it. There were at least a dozen various Nami shots in it like the one below.

Anyway, looking forward to an English subbed version coming out soon. Don't think it's going to reach the levels of Film Z ( :catcry) but it should be good.

30. HawkEye13 Member

:sauceskully:hestonpls:oldryoma
    I stopped watching the anime because fuck toei, but that shit was something else.

A Base Zoro while being taken by suprise and restrain by the gravity was able to counter:

Yet Jack is having nightmares about Fujitora restraining him. The next person that says yonko commanders can beat Mihawk deserves 3 slaps in the face

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017