1. Stop Scrolling! We changed our address to narutoforums.org

Please add the URL to bookmarks on your PC and phone.

More details can be found here. Feel free to ask any question.
  2. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK
  3. Fanclubs Reorganisation:
    We're consolidating the fanclub subsections on 07/08/2017. For more information, visit this thread
  4. Due to an update, many default preferences have changed.

If you have any issues, such as unrequested email notifications or following threads you didn't want to follow, then check your setting here.
  5. Think you have the best waifu? Come and prove that your waifu is the best in the first ever NF Waifu Competition!
    Please submit any and all notifications in the link below: "
    NF Waifu Popularity Tournament

6. The latest NF Newsletter is out (August), read it here
  7. Summer Glow
    The HoU Banner Contest this time is centered on Summer time.
    The deadline is until July 23rd and you only have to click here to go straight to the information you need.

8. Ladies and gents, the Tech Hub has been archived! Any tech-related questions can go in KCC now, and make sure to use the new [Tech] tag!

Zorp's One Piece Anime Thread

Discussion in 'Ohara Library' started by Marcelle.B, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Don Elson Noble Knight

Yeah, the 1st one was terrifying, although the 2nd is okay but if we compare the two the 1st one will win more likely.

2. Vermilion Kn Eldric Draconik

South park has better animation than One Piece.

3. Shiny &#32

All the budget is on dragonball super

4. Brook Well-Known Member

If Toei wanted to do their best with this arc they should had taken a break/changed OP to a season anime, being weekly just dosen't work. It's like PH/DR/Zou so far we can expect a awesome moment once in a while but generally it's slow paced with mostly average animation and is mostly just a way to pass 20 minutes.

Still holding out hope that they change things up but Toei will probably be too afraid off the ratings dropping to fix the slow pacing and stuff also because the ratings are as good as they are, i don't think they believe they have any reason to fix it sadly.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  5. Vermilion Kn Eldric Draconik

The best course of action would be to go seasonal.

But One piece is the only cash cow still alive in Jump's pen so they can't change the formula. Also One Piece is a part of Japan's day to day at this point so there really is no incentive to change things.

6. Sinoka For a thousand summers, I will wait for you

Left - TV Broadcast Right - Blu-Ray/DVD

7. Harard Well-Known Member

At least Zorp is still enjoying the anime.

R...r...right Zorp?

8. Vermilion Kn Eldric Draconik

Wow. Gotta give it up to Toei and their ability to top themselves in the shit level animation department. What in the fuck was this eps ?

That filler KKG probably gave millions of kids cancer. That FB that consumed a huge portion of the eps, everything looks incredibly flat to the point that South Park has more believable animation.

Jebus.

9. Donquixote Doflamingo Master Puppeteer

One piece to anime is like what HxH is to manga at this point art wise

The art is just on average a joke. Like wtf as vermillion mentioned that King Kong Gun scene was just a joke like wtf was that? Its a fucking punch not vegeta using final flash holy shit

10. Don Elson Noble Knight

That KKG was no impact, no power at all and that energy :wellshit is this DBZ now? the anime give pwngoat something he can use on the debate again and that shit didn't even happen.

11. B Rabbit OL's Best

@ me when when done with this episode.

12. Don Elson Noble Knight

I guess I should visit this thread if something good happen in anime, it will slowly becoming a complaint thread now.

13. Zeta42 Hentai

Zeff's old VA died a while ago, didn't he? Who voiced him in this episode?

14. Don Elson Noble Knight

I didn't even know who's the voice actor though, I think you can check it in animelist.

15. Udell Mr. Steal Yo Girl

Dragon Ball Super is also being animated like trash. Toei is just a shitty company.

Toei can't even hire a writer or something to get us a decent filler arc. We get a 5 episode garbage fest then back to horrible pacing. I gave up the anime when Brulee was dragging Nami in the mirror for what felt like 5 mins. Just can't take it anymore and base on the comments glad I did because this current episode seems like fuckery. Horrible anime company.

16. Marcelle.B RUDE BOI Moderator

I told cats in the op, Zorp is a regular anime watcher, don't come in here with our OL bullshit :pek

Constructive criticism or roll out.

17. Don Elson Noble Knight

That's what I thought, I feel all my post recently are hating on the anime so I want to lay low for a while. after all, this thread is dedicated to Zorp don't want to spoil it.

18. Brook Well-Known Member

Going to take a break from the anime I still love the manga but the anime's slow pacing/sometimes bad animation and filler is definitely not to my liking. Won't stop watching the anime forever since i know Toei can still deliver but i take a break until WCI is over and then i watch it as a whole. If the anime has still not gotten better by then, i just watch it arc by arc. Maybe atleast the slow pacing won't be annoying if i do that. I know everything that will happen from the manga so that wouldn't really be a problem for me.

Edit: Changed my mind. Honestly doubt that watching in chunks will change much since it's still the same content, i will continue watching weekly but i skip the stuff that i don't really feel i need to watch/are not interested in watching, that way i probably enjoy the anime more.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  19. Sir Curlyhat Well-Known Member

That's what i've been doing for a long time with most of the episodes. Wouldn't watch this on TV, but when i can just skim through a 15 to 20 min episode and make it into a 10 min time investment on average with the decent stuff, it's still worth it.

20. Zorp The Fighting Spirit

@B Rabbit

Caught up on the last month's episodes. On the one hand, it's nice to breeze through them all at once. On the other hand, I become even more aware of how certain scenes are dragged out. I don't skim episodes since it's all new to me, so the time investment is the same whether I do it all at once or watch weekly.

Luffy's still in the forest. :catsad At least he's having a battle. And what a strong enemy! I was positive that Cracker would be a bit of a joke...boy was I wrong. One of the episode titles confirmed that he as an 800 million berry bounty. It's completely deserved, too. I thought it was impressive when he could take hits from Luffy using Haki along with signature moves, plus Cracker was deceptively fast for his size. Then Luffy finally breaks him in two...only to reveal the *real* Cracker. When he easily reformed the outer shell and multiplied them, I knew it was over. :catghost The sheer uselessness of Luffy's attacks reminded me of the saiyans fighting Buu in DBZ. No matter what they did, he kept reformed and laughing in their face. Cracker is smug and his power is cheesy, but he has the power to back it up. Seriously, who thought that freaking crackers could be so formidable? He has a one-of-a-kind sword as well. Zoro needs to offer an appraisal. For a minute, I was wondering if Luffy extended the time of Gear Fourth, but I chalked it up to filler. Sure enough, he ran out of steam at a critical moment. That's what happens when you try to play the "destroy before they can replicate" game. Now he's helpless. I don't know what he'll do if someone doesn't save him now. This whole fight has demonstrated that Luffy is out of his league here. Granted, Cracker took out Urouge who, in turn, took out one of the other generals; Cracker is not to be taken lightly. But he's still a subordinate. From everything I've seen, he's stronger than Doflamingo. Dude hasn't even broken a sweat against the form that Doffy fell to.

Chopper and Carrot need to break those chains somehow and get a move on. Hopefully they can find Sanji's room through one of the mirrors.

Sadistic Nami is wonderful. I love it when she gets this way. She has those minions by the balls. Who knew that a vivre card could be so intimidating? Glad to see that Big Mom's ex stepped up to the plate when Nami was in trouble (though, the scene where Nami was being dragged into the mirror was a little cringe-worthy because she was portrayed as a typical damsel in distress at that moment).

Brook and Pedro have stumbled into MGS: Cracker Fortress. I'm expecting them to hide under an edible box any minute now.

Poor Sanji. You could tell that, despite all the years apart, there's still some residual trauma from what his brothers put him through. I was happy to see him get pissed when the lady chef was threatened. Niji rushed Sanji super fast before he pulled his kick. Not sure if Sanji could take his older brothers. I mean, he already lost to his dad. It's hard to gauge their strength, though, based on what we've seen. Sanji's such a gentleman, eating the lady's cooking off the floor and dropping some culinary knowledge on his family. It reminded me of when Zoro ate the rice balls off the ground and complimented them. Someone please free Sanji from those infernal handcuffs! Big Mom is just too well prepared, especially when it comes to information gathering. Threatening Owner Zeff took the fight right out of him. There's no way he could jeopardize his life. I could see a scenario unfolding where Luffy comes to take Sanji away, but Sanji refuses because he knows that Zeff's life is at stake if he leaves. Man...I have no idea how they're going to take down Big Mom's crew, let alone 66.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  21. Lord Stark King of Winter

KKG wrecked all of Cracker's defenses actually, he only didn't one-shot Cracker-kun with it because of his own limitation. Anime confirmed KKG>Biscuit Phallanx:bury

22. Don Elson Noble Knight

To me it was really confirm that KKG > Biscuit Defense... It's just that KKG feel like no fire power unlike when Luffy use it to Doffy, even the vicinity was destroyed, while in the Anime they didn't capture the same impact like it did before.

23. Lord Stark King of Winter

The impact didn't get to go fully through. It deactivated halfway through.

24. Don Elson Noble Knight

Maybe, all I see after that was the flash of light. I really blame the animation for this.

25. Lord Stark King of Winter

Also interesting is anime Doffy actually managed to clash equally with King Kong Gun and even make Luffy bleed where as Cracker was pretty much a goner :zaru

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  26. MO (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List