- Dismiss Notice
Are you an artist that loves One Piece? Join the OP Fanart Contest in the Ohara Library!
Dismiss NoticeWelcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.
Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
- Dismiss Notice
Come enter in the Contest Central Drawing Contest!
Viewing blog entries in category: KTTK & Old Kingdom Chronicles
H = 10.62m - 0.2286m
There's a map of the Old Kingdom at the start of the book, and we see the distance from Abhorsens house to Clayr's Glacier.
It's mostly straight, so I'm just going to calc it as a rectangle.
V = LHW
= 643737.6 X 10.3914 X 365.76
The weight of water per m^3 is 1000kg.
M = 2.44669113e9 X 1000
We'll get our energy with GPE.
E = 5.1957 X 9.807 X 2446691130000
= 1.24669262e14 joules
= 29.796668738 kilotons
And as it was curved and not straight, and didn't remain in a perfect rectangle and spilled out, it would ultimately be even higher.
The Clayr sends a flood = >29.797 kilotons
E = 1.10000000000000012e+63 X 5.403E13
= 594,330,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 FOE
= 594.33 TENAFOE
Given also that the setting is composed of more than one universe (and there's also the destruction of space-time), this would ultimately be much higher, but it at least shows the power to destroy one universe via Nothing (total atomic destruction, and the possible power of Saturday & other high tiers).
The Architect destroys the Universe = >594.33 TENAFOE.
I'm not sure if I did that right, but it should serve I guess.
Throughout the series, there are reference to microseconds.
T = 0.01m/1e-6s
= Mach 29.3866996
T = 54 X 45/360
= Mach 198.360222
Arthur blinks = Mach 29.387
Arthur looks back = Mach 198.360
In anycase we have a legit FTL feat as well as super sonic and hypersonic speed feats, so speedwise everything should check out fine anyway.
A = πr^2
= π X 335.5^2
Two feet is equal to 60.96cm.
V = Ah
= 353618.454 X 60.96
The weight of water per m^3 is 1000kg.
M = 21.556581 X 1000
The latent heat of condensation is 2.5 X 10^6 joules.
E = 2.5 X 10^6 X 21556.581
= 53891452500 joules
= 12.880366276291 tons of TNT
Part 1 of the Will creates a mini-flood = 12.880 tons of TNT
Borderline cityblock level. Given we have not only island and country level feats in this setting, but also solar system and multiversal feats, it's not that impressive in the long rung in terms of raw DC, but it is in the fact that the 1st and weakest part of the Will did this from another dimension.
The power of the Creator
The Architect is the supreme being and creator of the entire setting. She made the Incomparable Gardens/Elysium, The Secondary Realms/Universe (which is a multiverse of different realities where time flows in drastically different speeds) and then the rest of the House (more on the cosmology here).
Aspects & offshoots (the Will, the Old One & the Architects Children)
The Architect was incapable of ending her life as she wasn't whole, so she created the Will (which may be aspects of herself) and started the process of destruction.
The Seven Keys are what unbinds the Old One from his prison and allows the heir to become the New Architect. On each given day, they rule everything outside the House on said day.
There are other impressive kinds of magic used by lesser beings that would scale to the Architect (and even the Trustees). Encysting someone means to turn them inside out and trap them in their crystallized body fluids.
- The Architect is the creator of all existence, which includes the Secondary Realms (which consist of infinite planets, stars, galaxies and realities) and the House
- The House is the Record of All Things and the Centre of All Reality
- The Architect is immortal, and can only die if she willingly returns herself to Nothing
- The Architect created the Improbable Stair, which is infinite and leads to all places in space and time
- The Architect possesses cosmic awareness
- The Architect is able to shape Nothing into substance on an astronomical level
- The presence of the Architect, in person, through her words or her artefacts, is deadly to mortals
- The Architect survived the wave of Nothing that destroyed all of reality (both space and time)
- The Architect can possess people
- The Architect can create things from abstract concepts
- Whatever the Architect says is paramount and can't be overruled by anyone, not even herself
- The Architect can create life
- The Architect is capable of doing anything the Keys can
- The Architect is capable of doing anything her aspects can
- The Will can shapeshift
- The Will can revoke someones control over the Keys
- The Will is made of pure text
- The Will can produce a dangerous cloud around itself that kills nearby enemies
- The Will has telepathy
- The Old One can remove someone from existence permanently
- Powerful beings can shape Nothing with a mere though, and don't need speeches, spells or incantations
- The Architects Children can create, and are not denizens, mortals or nithlings
- The Architects Children are sons of the Architect and the Old One, but not in a way mortals would understand
- Tom can create pocket dimensions, and taught this trick to Grim Tuesday (who can steal entire star systems from the Secondary Realms to put inside pocket dimensions)
- The Second Key can create or copy anything the wielder thinks of
- The Third Key can be used to control any kind of fluids
- The Fifth Key can steal and return memories, emotions and experiences
- Any Key can kill with a mere touch (and often contact is not needed)
- Any Key can auto-protect its wielder
- The Keys can control time, including being able to freeze and redirect it
- A Key can erase things from existence, like they never where in the first place
- The Compleat Atlas contains all information on the entire Universe, and the Architect can absorb said knowledge just by touching it
- Weaker entities can magically replace someones role in their world with a nithling, and should they meet it would cause a paradox that would destroy their world
- Said magic being nullified caused time to jump forward by a week
- Far lesser beings can detect powerful magic
- The New Architect is just as powerful as the Old Architect
An impressive speed feat.
A gas giant needs to be beyond the frostline in order to form. For an Sun-like, star, that's 5 astronomical units (748000000km).
Now the high end.
T = 748000000km/25min
Sunsprites chase the Helios (low end) = 1.188C
Sunsprites chase the Helios (high end) = 1.663C
Not only would this scale to the Architect, the Old One, the Trustees and the Architects Children, but possibly also the Dawns, Noons & Dusks.
The Void is infinite and consists of Nothing.
The Secondary Realms are infinite in extent.
The Improbable Stair leads through and exists in all places in space and time. It was the Architects personal stair and one of her finest creations.
The House is the Archive of All Things and the Epicentre of All Creation.
- The Void is composed of Nothing
- The Void is infinite in extent
- All things were made from Nothing, including the Architect
- Nothing can destroy anything
- Even beings with at least solar system level durability are dissolved by Nothing
- Immaterial substance can hold back Nothing (temporarily at least)
- Nithlings are creatures formed from raw nothing with little regard for logic or time
- The Secondary Realms is the name of the Universe
- The Universe consists of planets, stars and galaxies
- Different realities exist within the Secondary Realms
- The Secondary Realms are infinite in extent
- Time outside the House is changeable
- Times flow varies drastically in different Secondary Realms, with some realms having time flow faster or slower than in the House
- The Improbable Stair leads to all places in creation, through both space and time, in both the House and the Secondary Realms
- It's infinite in extent
- The House contains the Record of All Things in the Secondary Realms
- The House is constant while the Secondary Realms are ephemeral
- Destroying a record destroys the recorded, even if it's in the past
- House Time is true time and flows ever forward
- Just living in the House will make you an immortal superhuman
- Non-sentient life gains sentience by entering the House
- The shape of the House and it's denizens changes depending on what's fashion, but important things like the records and the Old Ones prison last forever
- As the House is destroyed, the Old Ones prison weakens and his power grows
- Denizens cannot create (only copy & reshape) while mortals can
- Everything mentioned above except the Void was created by the Architect
V = πr^2h
= π X 2778^2 X 2
Fog is basically cloud, which weights 1.003kg/m^3.
M = 48489125.4 X 1.003
It takes only few seconds to clear, so we'll have a low end of 6 and a high end of 3.
T = 2.778km/10s
KE = (0.5) X 48634592.8 X 277.8^2
= 1.87663482e12 joules
= 448.526486616 tons of TNT
T = 2.778km/3s
= Mach 2.72120838
KE = (0.5) X 48634592.8 X 926^2
= 2.0851498e13 joules
= 4.98362762906 kilotons
Sabriel clears fog (low end - energy) = 448.526 tons of TNT
Sabriel clears fog (high end - energy) = 4.984 kilotons
Q = MC(Delta T)
= 1.37e21 X 4186 (100 - 17)
= 4.7599006e26 joules
= 113.764354685 petatons
Then we get the latent heat of vaporization, the values of which can be found here.
E = 1.37e21 X 2.26 X 10^6
= 3.0962e27 joules
= 740.009560229 petatons
As the planet isn't covered in a thick haze of water, it must have been pushed off the planet at escape velocity. The escape velocity of the Earth is 11.2km/s (11200m/s).
E = (0.5) 1.37e21 X 11200^2
= 8.59264e28 joules
= 20.5369024857 exatons
E = 113.764354685 petatons + 740.009560229 petatons + 20536.9024857 petatons
= 21390.6764 petatons
= 21.3906764 exatons
Orannis's Ninth Manifestation of Destruction = 21.391 exatons
E = 4,053,000kj X 1000
= 4053000000kj X 20000
= 19.3738049713 megatons
Orannis's Second Manifestation of Destruction = 19.373 megatons
I might redo this in the future when I have the dimensions of the valley, as some of the stuff in the description looks like it could be even higher than that, but it's a good a place as any to start.
T = 2m/0.001s
= Mach 5.83090379
Now let's go for a really high end that uses the literal merest fraction of a second. Because we can.
T = 2m/0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000539106s
= 1.23747128e35 C
Lady Friday dodges Toms harpoon = Mach 5.831
Borderline hypersonic. Fits in nicely with the speed of Grim Tuesdays Sun Burst.
A giant whale, A GIANT WHALE!
M2 = (H2/H1)^3*M1
For speed, we need distance and time, and we have both those things.
T = 160.9344km/30 min
Using the kinetic energy calculator, we get 111280862388952680000 joules, or 26.5967644333 gigatons.
Drowned Wednesdays kinetic energy = 26.597 gigatons
Drowned Wednesdays swimming speed = >89.408m/s
One of my (if not my) first calc (from here). The final result was 34 megatons per second for their durability. How much energy do they absorb in a day?
34 megatons X 60 = 2.04 gigatons
2040 X 60 = 122.4 gigatons
122400 X 24 = 2.9376 teratons
Sentinels durability = 2.9376 teratons
Along with the other three small country level feats, this add consistancy.
A repost from an old blog of mine in a more professional (or at least less amateur) nature.
Recalcing using KaiserWombats method...
Pressure of the Sun's core is 2.447e+16 newtons/m^2.
Average surface of a human/roughly human sized fire spirit is 1.7m^2.
2.447e+16 X 1.7 = 4.1599e16 newtons
4.1599e16 newtons = 4,241,917.461979 megatons
4,241,917.461979 megatons = 4241.917461979 gigatons
4241.917461979 gigatons= 4.2419 teratons
AKA small country level.
Sunsprite durability = 4.2419 teratons
So Arthur, the Mariner & Suzy fly on a spaceship that was originally moored near a Saturn-like planet.
1,429,000,000km/1200s = Mach 3471817.2886297376826
1,429,000,000km/1800s = Mach 2314544.86588921305
Helios speed with the solar winds (low end) = 2.62717919C
Helios speed with the solar winds (high end) = 3.94076877C
I'm not sure if this scales to anyone though, except maybe the Architect and the Old One, as they are the supreme creators of the setting. One scene had the Sunsprites chase the ship, but it's questionable if they scale or not.
Page 1 of 3